contact us

  • gulpzine@hotmail.co.uk

Monday 28 July 2008

VITRA

I used to roll past this place everyday on my way to uni, and i never thought furniture could make me as excited as i got. Vitra is a furniture manufacturer with braches practically all over the globe, from Angola to Slovakia, you name it. What stemmed my love for this place was the amazing design and attention to detail, from the furniture to the showroom; it's furniture at its best.


A reoccuring theme in the 60's was Living Landscapes, and hence drew inspiration for this piece. The 'Living Tower' (Designed by Verner Panton) is probably one of the most innovative furniture designs ive seen. Not only does it make use of space, but it looks flippin' dope. This is definitely going on my 'When-i-make-my-first-million' list of things to get.


I never thought i'd find my self glorifying cardboard furniture, but alas i never thought i'd see cardboard furniture with so much swagger. The Red Beaver (Designed by Frank Gehry) adds a new dimension to a classic look. Drawing inspiration from the classic armchair, the red beaver takes an artisic twist on the old battered look with the carboard detail and rounded edges. Apparently the Red Beaver is comfortable, ill be the judge of that, but until then i'll still give this a thumbs up.



Vitra Online




Mac