contact us

  • gulpzine@hotmail.co.uk

Thursday 13 November 2008

Rory Hamilton

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Rory Hamilton recently gave a extremely good talk down at my university on the design industry and how to compose and maneuver ones way through it.

Everything from researching design briefs to preparing portfolios he had a few informative slides and lucky I managed to get them all and so i thought i pass them on to you.
Extremely helpful and informative in my opinion.
(Im not really supposed to distribute if i must be honest)

Download >>(Here)<<

And for those who have never heard of the guy,
I'll let him tell you about himself . . .

I am a design consultant, and educator in Interaction Design.

My main interests are in user centred design, user research methodologies and service design.

I have worked in the area for over twelve years. For seven years till 2005 I was Course Leader of Computer Related Design/Interaction Design at the Royal College of Art. Before that I taught computing and took a thesis group in Virtual Environments at the Bartlett School of Architecture and was a contributor to BBC radio on Internet issues (GLR). Recently I have lectured, given workshops and talks at colleges and businesses round the UK, in India, and Korea.

Over the past year I have worked in Innovative Product Design at Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design, Dundee. Also at Framfab (now LBi), Central St Martins MA Industrial design course, and at Microsoft Research Cambridge, UK.

I have worked in collaboration with Dr Jon Rogers (Dundee University) since 1999. Our research concerned "Art, Design and Visual Perception".

I also work in fine art collaboration with Suky Best and recently showed at the Tate Britain.


For information on the Rory Hamilton just (click)


Lego